Monday, April 16, 2012

my blue jewel

I was sick a few days ago, for two days. I threw up three times in one day and looked like someone had vacuumed all the life out of me. The Lady was quite distraught. She thought that I was At The End. I thought there was another reason I didn't feel well.

She has a friend that she talks to all the time on her iPad. That thing that let's them sniff each other's muzzles. I think it's called Face Time, though I think Muzzle Time is a better name. Anyway, her friend was sick, and had a couple of days of throw-up and the icky poop. I think I caught that bad bug through the iPad. The Lady rolled her eyes and told me that's not how it works, but it's okay for us to disagree.

Then, The Lady made a discovery today that she thinks might account for my bad tummy. She found this boot of hers that I'd recently snacked on.

Here's the boot that I snacked on.

When she picked it up and was inspecting my handiwork, she heard a rattling around noise. She shook the boot, and guess what? I had left a small gift in the boot for her, like a present tucked inside a Christmas stocking. One of my teeth. A molar.

Here's the Christmas gift I left tucked inside the boot. 

Anyway, I'm all better now, and no one has to worry. I was just sick like normal people and dogs. Because a bad bug seeped through Muzzle Time on her iPad. It was not The End.

Also, she's taken to calling my blue eye my blue jewel. I can't feel the difference between my eyes, but I'm glad I have treasure in my body that I can give my Lady.

Here I am with my blue jewel.


12 comments:

  1. So happy to hear from you Birdie. Sorry about the sickie it happens to the best of us but so glad it was just a normal ipad variety sickie!! Perhaps the boot leather didn't agree with you too?? By the way I think your blue jewel is FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, Birdie! Sometimes that leather just smells too good to resist, huh? Either way, we're glad you're okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you Miss Birdy and a relief that you are okay. Cute story. Yes that truly is a blue jewel and everything about you is special just like any other dog. You are unique and keep on having fun as long as you can and many thanks to your mom for sharing your life and your uniqueness with us and thanks to your mom and everyone who helped you along the way. Truly compassionate people and you are truly a beautiful dog. Keep enjoying life with your special person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. always good to hear from Birdie. old and sick she may be, but she's still got some feisty puppy in her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pit bulls have a little bit of every animal in them. i see shark, croc, worm, wolf, baby seal and a million others in mine all the time.

    i see you found birdy's billy goat streak!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birdie, that blue jewel of yours is better than any other gem in the world! Thank the Nice Lady for letting you borrow her computer to keep us updated on your doings.
    Maybe you could ask for a nice chewing bone or other treat rather than the leather boot? It sounds like that ol' boot didn't agree with your tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more hunks of indigestible leather boots for you, Miss Birdy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Birdie we are glad you are feeling better and you just ate some bad food. I think your blue jewel is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! What a nice gift. Methinks that molar might make for some snazzy jewelry for your lucky Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, birdy, how are you? you resemble my pit, murdoch (murdy), but he doesn't have clippities or a blue jewel, just soulful brown eyes. we are thinking of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Birdy you have been on mind, how you doing old girl???

    ReplyDelete